Community work and awards
A caring member of the community
Over the years, Domitek's contributions have been recognized and rewarded.
- Domitek was selected by the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce as its 2014 Small Business of the Year. The award is presented to small and growing businesses that demonstrate achievement in management and innovation, workplace excellence, and a commitment to community.
- We have been Nominated for the 2014 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. This award recognizes outstanding businesses and individuals committed to exceptional standards and organizational ethics.
The work we do in the community
"Growing up as an inner-city youth, I was lucky to be part of the Youth Center once I graduated from college. It was important for me to give back to the community."
Founder of Domitek
- Domitek runs an annual contest for 7th and 8th graders in schools around Worcester in which they have to write an essay about how technology has changed their lives. The winners are given a new laptop to help them advance academically and build vital career skills.
- We work with educational institutions including Quinsigamond Community College, Salter College, Worcester State University, Job Corp of Grafton, and Worcester Technical High School, where we provide co-op and internship opportunities for students allowing them to learn technical skills, and customer service.
- Domitek donates many thousands of hours of IT services to many nonprofit organizations, including Centro Las Americas, the Boys and Girls Club and the Worcester Youth Center among others.
- Founder Libis works with the Youth Center to provide IT services and acts as a mentor for the young people there, teaching computer and design classes.